To be honest, I’ve always disliked writing. I think it's tedious and boring. As a writer, I am very strict on grammar usage. One of my pet peeves is seeing someone mixing up 'their', 'there' and 'they're.' I constantly see others (not referring to my wonderful classmates) misuse 'then' and 'than', 'your' and 'you're'. As a result, I like to believe that my grammar is better than a good deal of others. My weakness would be that I lack creativity. Give me a topic that I like, and I can write pages on it. On a subject that I have no interest in, however, I’ll be staring at a blank page for hours. On an open-ended prompt, I often struggle on how I should go about answering said prompt. You could also say that another one of my weaknesses is assessing my own strengths and weaknesses.
I have learned a lot this semester, and my writing has definitely improved. Compared to the start of the semester, I see myself taking notice of level four details and sentence structure. Writing these blog entries have helped drastically, as I am able to look back at my previous entries and see what I’ve done well and what mistakes I’ve made. It is also very useful to be able to see others’ blog entries, and see what I can learn from them.
As I move on to ENG 102 I will need to improve my ability to write long papers that contain well-structured content that is pertinent to the topic given. I will also need to learn how to find and filter better references and sources. This class has been a great help in my writing skills, and I hope to improve further in ENG 102.
No comments:
Post a Comment